Northampton Borough Council transferred Blacky More open space, Penvale Park, and Grangewood Park, to East Hunsbury Parish Council in March 2021.
As part of the transfer arrangement it was agreed that idVerde would continue to maintain the parks and open spaces under the contract in place with NBC (later West Northamptonshire Council).
The parish council are commissioning works where required, and have already put in place a schedule for risk assessing and surveying trees and play equipment in the parks.
Tree Management Policy (PDF, 241 Kb)
Tree Management Policy adopted by the Parks and Open Spaces Committee December 2022
The Countryside Code
The Countryside Code is your guide to enjoying parks, open spaces, and countryside.
- be considerate to those living in, working in and enjoying the countryside
- leave gates and property as you find them
- do not block access to gateways or driveways when parking
- be nice, say hello, share the space
- follow local signs and keep to marked paths unless wider access is available